- It introduces the topic of your essay and prepares a reader for the project you will be writing.
- It attracts a reader’s attention so they will be interested to read more about the project.
In order to write an interesting introduction, a few of basic rules need to be followed. If you don’t know how to write a good introductory paragraph for an essay or experiencing some other problems with it, then you should use our service, where you will be able to find professional authors who will implement your introduction or science paper.
- In the first paragraph of your essay you get an opportunity to make a good first impression. If you want to know how to write a good introductory paragraph for an essay, you need to remember to draw readers’ attention and make them interested in your project. By inserting thoughtful and deep ideas into the introduction part, you will convince a reader that your project is worthy of their attention and time. If your introduction will be boring and uninteresting, the readers won’t be willing to focus and spend their time listening to your project.
- In the introduction of your short essays or abstracts, you are introducing the topic of your paper, as well as identifying the tone, attitude, and methods you are going to use in order to study that topic.
- The introduction part represents itself as a map for readers, which helps them to understand what your paper is going to be about. If you are writing a thesis paper, then the thesis statement should be included in the introduction. If you need help, use our service where you will find answers on how to write a introductory paragraph for an essay.
The plan of the introduction can be different – you can use one paragraph instead of two, you can emphasize one matter more than the other – but in any case, the introduction needs to cover all of the following entries:
- Paragraph 1: Motivation. One of the tips on how to write a good introductory paragraph for an essay is to explain to what scientific area your project belongs to and why it is important to write a project in such an area. Try to specify a wider context for the matter – the interest of the problem to the big communities.
- Paragraph 2: The specific of a problem covered in your paper. In this section you need to specialize the topic area of your essay or cover letter. The first paragraph contained the general context and importance. In this paragraph you need to set the certain background and context.
- Paragraph 3: The contribution of your paper. This paragraph is the main one when writing a definition essay. Here, you have to sum up all the main contributions of your study in the terms of the context you have specified in the first two paragraphs. Here, you need to give answers to such questions as «What general approach was used in your paper?» and «Why are the results of the study important?» This paragraph must be very well-written. If you don’t know how to write a good paragraph for an essay, contact our service.
- Paragraph 4: The differences of your study with others. Here, you need to specify the differences in what you are doing in your project and what others have done. It is important to identify what is new about your study.
- Paragraph 5: Introduce the structure of your project. Let a reader know how your paper is structured. However, do not use common phrases, like «In section one I will specify…», and so on.
In each of the paragraphs of your introduction the tenses should match. Also, every paragraph should have a theme sentence that creates the tone of the whole paragraph. Try to relate all the paragraphs to each other.
- Write your introduction when the rest of the project is finished. Often, it is much easier to figure out what exactly you want to say after you finish writing the rest of your essay.
- If you are writing a narrative or personal response essay, use an anecdote, interesting quote, startling fact, description, or provocative statement in order to draw readers’ attention.
- If you are writing a research paper, literature review, or summary, start your introduction with a statement of a problem your paper is addressing. Then, specify the context of the problem and its importance. After that, identify the purpose of the paper and finish the introduction with the thesis statement or summary of your essay contents.
If you don’t know for sure how to write a good introductory paragraph for an essay, then definitely try to be careful with the following types of introductions:
- Intros that starts with a question. Often, students make the common mistake by starting an intro part with the restatement of the question their professor wrote. If you still decide to start your introduction with a question, then try to make it interesting without making a restatement of the question. If you how to write a good introductory paragraph for an essay, use our service with a big database of professional authors.
- Intros with a dictionary definition. Even though it is important to identify the terms of the discussion, do not insert dictionary definitions in your introduction. If you need to give definitions to some of the terms, do it in the main part of your essay.
- Introductions with generalized phrases. Try to avoid phrases, like «Since the beginning of time…». This is a very vague statement and it suggests that the writer doesn’t have much to say.
- Don’t focus in your introduction on what you don’t do in your project, instead, be clear and specific on what you do, what methodology and terms you use, and how you use them.
If you still having some problems with making an introduction or you don’t know how to write a good introductory paragraph for an essay, our service will help you to find the right writers for the implementation of your project who will also provide you with interesting case study topics.