Before looking into the examples of a descriptive essay about a place, one needs to understand what the descriptive essay is. It is a genre of essay, which requires a student to give a description of something – place, experience, object, situation, emotion, etc. Students have to show their ability to create a written statement of a certain experience. Moreover, this genre gives its author artistic freedom, which helps to paint a bright image of something particular and move a reader. If you need help with writing your descriptive essays or essay editing, we advise you to use our service where there are a lot of authors who will be willing to help you out.
Before starting to write a descriptive essay, you need to clearly understand why you are writing it. What was so memorable about the place you want to describe? In order to make an interesting descriptive essay, you can read some examples of descriptive essay about a place. You need to remember that your essay should evoke in your reader almost the same emotions you have experienced yourself while visiting the place you are writing about.
- My favorite restaurant.
- My dream house.
- My favorite place as a child.
- My journey to Mexico.
- My favorite country/city.
- My experience after studying abroad.
There can be a lot of other topics that can be used as an example of a descriptive essay about a place. As many students think, this kind of an essay is the easiest one among others. This is kind of right, as descriptive essays don’t require you to do a lot of research. All you need to do is to use your imagination and be more personal.
- Choose an interesting topic. The topic of a descriptive essay usually focuses on one particular matter – an object, an event, a place, etc. Even if the topic of your literary essay is boring, you need to use creative writing in order to make your essay interesting. If you can choose the topic for your project yourself, then try to be as creative as possible. If you are experiencing any troubles with the selection of the topic, you can use our service where professional writers will not only help you choose an interesting topic for your essay, but will also provide you with all the necessary thesis methodology for your project.
- Choose a catchy title. Title plays an important role as it motivates a reader to continue reading your essay. It should attract reader’s attention from the first sight. It shouldn’t be long, but it should contain all the necessary information about the topic of your essay. If you look at various examples of a descriptive essay about a place, you will see that most of them have intriguing titles that make readers read more into the essay itself.
- Make a thesis statement. Thesis statement is an idea that will stand out throughout your essay. The statement not only sets the aim of the essay but also regulates the way the information is passed in the process of writing examples of a descriptive essay about a place. The introduction paragraph is one of the most important ones, as it sets the tone and style of your project.
- Describe your topic with the senses. Divide a sheet of paper into 5 columns, calling each of them by one of 5 senses. This will help you to sort out your thoughts and describe the topic according to the senses – sight, taste, smell, touch, and sound. Name any sense that associates with the topic you are writing about. As you can see from the examples of a descriptive essay about a place, you need to provide sensory details that will help you to support your statement. Such literary tools as smiles, metaphors, personification, and descriptive adjectives will help you to do that. Once you fill in the columns with the senses, you can use them in the paragraphs and the main part of your essay. On our service you can find a lot of different thesis examples that will help you in creating your project.
- Make a plan. The plan of your essay should contain all the details of each paragraph. High school students are usually asked to make an essay of five paragraphs while the university students have more freedom in creating their project. On the examples of a descriptive essay about a place, we can see that the standard form of five paragraph essay includes the introduction section together with the thesis statement followed by three other paragraphs that prove the statement, and are finished by the conclusion section.
- Make the conclusion. After you finished your main part of an essay, you should make a summary of it, where you need to affirm the thesis again if necessary. The conclusion must be well-written as this is the last part your reader is going to read and will remain the longest in their mind. To make the right conclusion, read different examples of a descriptive essay about a place.
- Review what you wrote. After completing your essay, it is recommended to take a break in order to clear your mind and later review the essay with a fresh look. During the reviewing of your essay, see if everything makes sense to you, whether it is needed to rewrite some paragraphs, whether the topic of your essay is clearly expressed. The words and language should reflect the topic you are uncovering in the essay. The reader must form a clear picture about what you want to say. It might be good to read an essay out loud as it helps to hear it and maybe to identify the matters that should be worked on.
- Finish your piece. Finally, read your essay again and check it for any possible errors, punctuation mistakes or typos. Delete any clichés you find in the text. Be sure to rewrite and redo all the parts that are not descriptive enough or don’t make much sense. Read and reread your text until you see that it is exactly how you wanted it to be.
In case you have any troubles in completing your essay yourself, our writers will help you to write various kinds of essays and will be willing to provide you with an interesting research proposal that can grant you acclaim in scientific circles, as well as examples of a descriptive essay about a place.