As a student, you may be asked by professors to write a literature analysis essay or a book report on A Rose for Emily. This short story written by William Faulkner is popular and discussed many important themes. If this academic assignment is not familiar to you, the good news is that it’s not a complex writing task if you know what to do. Keep in mind that your apa essay should be written for those readers, including other students and professors, who have some knowledge and interested in its content. Don’t forget about your personal critical assessment of major ideas and arguments presented by the author in this book because it should be reflected in your essay. If writing your excellent A Rose for Emily essay is a confusing or complicated task to you, take into consideration the custom paper writing services offered by experienced freelance authors online.
- Read this story first. Before writing a literary essay, you need to read the text to know what to discuss in it.
- Get to know the story you need to review in your writing a definition essay. This means that you should take a look at its title, content, and other important elements because they will provide you with a better idea of its main focus and coverage. Pay attention to significant graphic materials, such as illustrations and tables, if they are available. Read the first chapter attentively to find out more about the major issues and themes discussed in this book. You also need to indicate the conceptual and theoretical framework given by the author. Focus on the last chapter because it covers important conclusions and summarizes the whole plot. Once you read the text, you’re ready to develop a certain basis for your A Rose for Emily essay.
- Choose the significant aspects that will be discussed in your book report. Decide if you need to evaluate case studies, content, theoretical approaches, evidence, etc. Most students are required to discuss the major issues or themes examined by the author. However, your professors may provide you with a flexibility to choose a particular idea because of its importance.
- Deepen your understanding of major ideas that you will evaluate in this academic paper. Once you get the overall knowledge of this story and choose specific themes to discuss, you should read the book sections that are relevant to them. Be sure to take notes and use the right thesis methodology. It’s advisable to read other sources when needed, as this is how you will gather supporting evidence and more information to enhance your literary essay. Feel free to read other papers on the same topic to get a better feel of how your book report should be written. However, this doesn’t mean that you can imitate or copy them because you’ll be accused of plagiarism.
Keep in mind that the structure of your book report should let you answer the questions asked by professors and meet their important criteria so that you need to talk to them before getting started.
- Keep in mind basic details, including the title, author, publication information, and so on. You also need to indicate the most important aspects that will be discussed and present the main purpose of your paper.
- Give a short and concise summary of book contents and arguments. Some students prefer to sum up each chapter separately, while others decide to focus only on significant themes. Make sure that this section doesn’t take more than 1/3 of your literary essay.
- Discuss a few important issues raised by this story. This section is the main core of your academic paper, so be sure to make clear the author’s arguments before evaluating or criticizing them. When it comes to your writing a synthesis essay, support your ideas with the evidence taken directly from the text.
- When writing a conclusion, you need to evaluate all thoughts or facts presented in your paper and concentrate on the overall contribution of this story.
- Provide a bibliography or reference list. This is where you should list all sources of information used to write your book report. Find out more about existing referencing formats and choose the most appropriate one for your academic assignment.
When the final draft of your A Rose for Emily critical essay is ready, you should answer a few basic questions to improve its content.
- Did you identify this book clearly?
- Did you sum up the author’s arguments or ideas objectively and clearly enough? Can readers recognize your theoretical approach?
- Are your chosen issues clearly discussed and identified?
- Did you provide the targeted audience with specific reasons for your approval and criticism of this story?
- Is there a strong and solid final evaluation of its importance based on previous discussions?
- Is there any reference list that is properly formatted?
- Is your book report formatted and written according to the instructions given by your professors? For instance, they may ask you to use a particular font, referencing style, spacing, etc. If you have certain difficulties with any of these essay writing aspects, contact online freelance authors who can complete all academic assignments, including a standard business plan, fast and affordably.
Finally, you shouldn’t forget to proofread and edit your final draft before submitting it to ensure that it’s free from grammar, spelling, and other mistakes. You can do that on your own or ask friends and other students to help you because their second opinions will come in handy.