A personal statement is a paper, the goal of which is to let a particular organization, university, college or any other institution to get to know about you, your purposes in life and how they are related to the position you are applying for, as well as about the reasons for which it is so important to you to get the position. All the personal statements are different, they may be written in accordance with different requirements and instructions, give answers to different questions and so on. However, there are also common characteristics and components that any good personal statement has to include. Besides, every college prefers candidates with different skills and level of knowledge. Well-written college essay examples of a personal statement can help you get a vivid image of how to deal with this kind of writing assignment, show you how to get your paper well-structured and organized properly. Therefore, if you want to create a remarkable and effective personal statement, we recommend you use good college essay examples of a personal statement and read tips and guidelines that we provided in this article.
When looking for college essay examples of a personal statement, we recommend being very selective and careful because if you follow a bad-written example or an example that doesn’t match your requests, there is a big risk that you will not succeed with your paper. We have a wide range of college essay examples of a personal statement, each of which purposes different aim, including but not limited to an example of a nursing personal statement, personal mission statement, examples for personal statement for public health and many others. With such choice of college essay examples of a personal statement you will definitely have an opportunity to get exactly what you need.
At the same time, we would like to provide you with guidelines that would be very helpful in writing your personal statement for college. Keep reading to learn more useful information.
Obviously, in this paper you are supposed to let your reader know about your achievements. Although it is not a resume or a Curriculum Vitae, where you need to provide your qualifications, skills, achievements and so on, but at the same time, it has to include some information that would show that you are a worthy candidate. Therefore, you need to make a list of your educational achievements and include into it the following information: what certifications, special awards, medals, honors, positive reviews you have, in what conferences, workshops and other scientific events you took part, what publications you have, sport achievements and so on. Once you’ve got all your achievements listed, you need to undertake the following steps:
- Make you purpose clear. In order to do this ask yourself such questions: how will the college that you are applying for impact your future and help you in your life? What are your long-term and short-term goals in life and in career? How do you see yourself in ten or fifteen years? Why are you interested in studying in that or another area?
- Explain why you decided to apply to that or another college. What attracts you in it? When did you become interested in that or another area of studies and why? If there was a special event in your life that made a significant impact on you and led you to this decision, you can mention it also.
- Tell about the challenges that you have faced within your life. If there was a difficult period in your life or you took part in a very important competition, you need to write about it. However, try to be as precise and clear as possible because this is not a piece of creative writing, you need be rather accurate.
- Provide strong arguments that would prove why it is you who has to be chosen. There will be hundreds or even thousands of candidates, so you need to convince the committee that you are better than the majority of them.
- Include information about your personal features and qualities. Apart from your educational achievements, the committee would also like to know you as a person. Tell what skills you have, such as leadership, organizational skills, creative thinking skills or talents.
- As for the talents, you are welcome to write about what you do best of all. You may be a writer, musician, artist and if you are, you should definitely mention all those talents.
- Research the college that you are applying for. You need to know as much as possible about it. Explore the web-site of the college and find out what exactly they are expecting from the candidates. All the requirements are probably listed on their web-site, so go online and come to know what they want from you.
- Make a very effective beginning and conclusion. This is what will make the first and the last impression on your reader. You may include a quotation or start with telling about the most significant turning point in your life. In the conclusion part of your paper, you can show your hopes.
- When writing the body paragraphs, give a lot of details. Every paragraph will introduce you from a different side and you need to describe it in a clear and understandable manner.
You can see how all those guidelines are followed in a well-written example of a personal essay for college. Apart from getting an example of personal essay for college, you can get the following services: