* Introduction — India is an agriculture country. It is a land of farmers. They live in village and die in village. They lead a very simple life. Their houses are made of mud and straw. They are very small and simple. The farmers are the true sons of the motherland. Gandhiji said India lives in village.
* His dress — the farmers do not wear fashionable dresses. They wear simple clothes. Generally they wear dhoti, kurta and a cap. The women wear cheap and simple dhotis.
* His food — The food of the farmers is also very simple and cheap. They eat rice, pulses, green vegetables and chapaties. Very poor farmers get only dry bread and mirch-masala. A few rich farmers take sufficient milk curd and butter.
* His work — The work of a farmer is very hard. They have to work in their fields in all the seasons of the year. In rain or sunshine they must work. They work from morning till late in the evening.
They plough fields, sow seeds and raise crops. Their work is really very hard but very useful. Our farmers provide us food, vegetable and oilseeds.
* Fairs and festivals — farmers take part in fairs and festivals with full enthusiasm. They wear colorful dresses, take rounds in merry-go-round, and buy some fancy goods and toys.
* Bad habits — some farmers have bad habits also. They drink wine. They are superstitious. They have bad customs. They are illiterate as well. We must try to remove their bad habits.
* Politics — previously there was no politics in village. The life of villagers was simple. They loved and co-operated with each other. The elders of the village were the punches who settled their disputes. But now the politics of the cities has reached the villages too. It has spoiled the atmosphere of the villages. The elections of the punchayats are contested with much bitterness and quarrels. This situations needs reformation because villages are the roots of nation. If they are poisoned the whole of our nation will be destroyed.